In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities. China Scholarship Council （hereinafter referred to as CSC）, entrusted by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China （hereinafter referred to as MOE）, is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship programs. Now, 279 designated Chinese universities offer a wide variety of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal Studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy, and Fine Arts for scholarship recipients at all levels.
2. Chinese University Program
3.?The Silk Road University Program
4. University of Shanghai Cooperation Organization Program
1. Full Scholarship covers
Tuition waiver. Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover scholarship students’ education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.
Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory （usually a twin room）; if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly/quarterly accommodation subsidy:
undergraduate students （Language preparation）, master’s students（general scholars）: CNY 700 per month;
doctoral students （senior scholars）: CNY 1000 per month.
Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason （school holidays excluded）, his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
2. Partial scholarship covers
One or some items of the full scholarship.
1. Bilateral Program
3.? The belt and Road University Program
All Post Graduate courses offered at China University of Petroleum(Beijing)
2???????? Chinese University Program
3???????? The belt and Road University Program
4???????? University of Shanghai Cooperation Organization Program
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
?be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
?be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
?be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
?be under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma （or higher） when applying for the general scholar programs;
?be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor （or above） under the age of 50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
- ?Go to?www.csc.edu.cn/laihua?or?www.ssbeb.tw, and click the icon “Application Online for International Students” to enter the system.
The Agency number for China University of Petroleum is 11414.
- First-time users should register before login the online application page.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship （written in Chinese or English）;
2. Notarized highest diploma （photocopy）;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts （written in Chinese or English）;
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal （written in Chinese or English）;
This should be a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate students, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for graduate students.
5. Two Recommendation Letters （written in Chinese or English）;
Applicants for the graduate programs or the senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
6. A CD of your own works （only required for arts students）;
Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
7. Valid documents of your legal guardians in China （only required for applicants under the age of 18）;
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy）, （written in English, only required for applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months, can be downloaded from?http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua?or?http://www.ssbeb.tw）; The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the?Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your?physical examination schedule?as the result is valid for only 6 months.
9. The copy of?Pre-admission Letter from?designated Chinese university （if available）;
10. The copy of HSK?Certificate?（if available）.
All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 6.1 to 6.10.
You should submit TWO sets of bound documents.
No application documents will be returned.
1???????? Bilateral Program- Dispatching Authority in students’ home country
2???????? Chinese University Program- China University of Petroleum(Beijing)
3???????? The belt and Road University Program- China University of Petroleum(Beijing)
4???????? University of Shanghai Cooperation Organization Program- China University of Petroleum(Beijing)?
College of International Education
China University of Petroleum
Changping District, Beijing
P.R. China ,102249
Email: [email protected]