Categories of Applicants
Full-time postgraduates (Master,PH.D)?
Exempt from tuition fee; provide accommodation on campus.
Living allowance: (PH.D?3500 RMB/month; Master 3000RMB/month).
Provide comprehensive medical care insurance for International Students
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2) Education background and age limit:
?Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under 35.
?Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and under 40.
3) Applicants cannot be the holders of any other kinds of Chinese government scholarship.
Graduating students from Chinese universities in 2018 are not acceptable.
Admission result will be published on lxs.ecnu.edu.cn.
1.?????? Application Form. Applicant should register and apply online at both ISO website: http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/application.php
and Chinese Government Scholarship Website: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register (the institutional code of ECNU is 10269), download the application form and print it out.
2．Highest diploma (original or notarized photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (original or notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 800 words.
5. Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors. Please fill in the form of Reference Letter for Ph.D applicants?
6. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
?(The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
7. HSK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) Certificate. Applicants for Chinese-taught majors but without qualified Chinese Language skill is required to take the remedial Chinese language course for 1-2 year before academic study. Applicants for English-taught programs must submit proof of English Language proficiency.
8. Application fee:?800RMB.(Should be paid during the online application procedure on ECNU application website.)
9. Ph.D applicants should submit your published thesis, patents, or your other research achievements during your undergraduate study and the abstract part of your Master's thesis instead of the full text.
* Application documents sent by email or fax are not accepted.
* Application documents will not be returned whether the applicants are admitted by ECNU or not.
The application documents have to arrive at the International Students Office before March 31st.
Master’s Program Shuai Xuanyu:[email protected]???????????????
PhD Program Yinyin????[email protected]
Internationals Students Office, ECNU ?Tel: +86-21-62238353?Fax: +86-21-62238352?Add: Room 253, Physics Building, East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai 200062, China?Website:http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/?